EXERCISE WELLBEING CLASSES & SERVICES IN KENT
WALKING CIRCIUT EXCERCISE
For Beginner / Intermediate level each station exercise is for 30 – 45 seconds and then moves on to another exercise. It’s like a game of musical chairs: Everyone begins at a station (that is, a place where an exercise is done), and when the instructor yells “Time!” everyone moves to the next free station.
Workout includes warmup for 5 minutes
Walk & Talk for 15 minutes circuit
8-10 exercise station each station is 30 – 45 seconds targeting upper body / lower body 30 minutes circuit
Cool down 5 minutes
Stretching 5 minutes
Increases your strength and aerobic fitness and burns lots of calories. However, you don’t get the same level of conditioning as you would from doing your aerobics and strength training separately.
£1 per person. Pay on the day.
Similar to Yoga, Pilates concentrates on posture, balance and flexibility. In Pilates the chance of injury is much lower than with other more strenuous forms of exercise. Pilates also focuses on the mind-body connection. While doing the various exercises your mind needs to be constantly aware of your breathing and the way your body moves.
This form of exercise was developed by Joseph Pilates in Germany where he was a carpenter and gymnast. He invented Pilates as an exercise program for injured dancers and soldiers while living in the UK. Joseph Pilates believed that physical and mental health were closely connected. In the 1920’s he immigrated to the US and opened a Pilates studio in New York. Originally this form of exercise was called Contrology.
- Good posture – Pilates will teach you to gain and maintain good posture. The exercises require that your body is always in alignment. This is especially beneficial if you suffer from lower back pain.
- Muscle Tone – The exercises involve the use of muscles that you may not use on a daily basis. After the initial soreness, you’ll find that your muscles will be much more toned. This is especially good for older people and those who are normally quite sedate in their daily life as muscle tone is usually lost with age and inactivity.
- Flat abdominal muscles – Because Pilates focuses on strengthening your core which includes your abdominal muscles, you’ll find that one of the benefits of Pilates is that it will result in a flat stomach.
- Flexibility – As we age we tend to lose the flexibility we had when we were young. Pilates will restore your flexibility, gently at first of course. After a while though, you’ll be amazed at how much more flexible your body has become. This is especially important for avoiding injuries from falls.
- Improves your balance – Through the mind-body connection which is taught in Pilates you will become much more aware of how your body moves and performs. Therefore Pilates not only improves your physical balance through correct posture but will also restore your mind-body balance.
- Reduces stress – When doing the exercises, you’ll be totally engrossed and won’t be able to think about all those responsibilities that weigh you down on a day to day basis. You’ll be more focused on your breathing and on the moves that you are making with your body. This is an excellent way to relieve stress.
- Gives you a general sense of well-being – Because Pilates focuses on providing balance between your mind and body it gives you an overall sense of well-being.
Because Pilates is a muscle strengthening form of exercise it can help you to trim and tone certain areas of your body especially your stomach, legs and buttocks. Classes can be tailored to offer either a gentle exercise program for providing core strength, flexibility and balance or a complete workout for a more rigorous exercise program.
Bear in mind though that Pilates is not classed as an aerobic exercise, so for effective weight loss you should combine your Pilates exercises with a healthy diet and some regular aerobic activity such as walking, swimming or cycling.
£6.50 per person. Card payment on the day.
BOUNCE & BURN FITNESS
1 hour sessions
You can walk on the rebound or a gentle bounce or high intensity depending on everyone’s capabilities. Works the upper body and Lower body. It’s a fun way to help burn calories.
- It’s fun & good for the mental mind
- Improve bladder control
- Strengthens pelvic floor
- Burns calories, it rids you of toxins
- Strengthens core muscles
- Tones and tightens skin
- Increase muscular strength and muscle tone
- Improve posture, balance and co-ordination
- Increase bone density reducing risk of osteoporosis
- Improve immune system
- Aids lymphatic circulation
We offer a Home Visit Service or Group Sessions in outdoors locations such as Rochester Pier and Rochester Esplanade.
1 hour £7.50 per person ( 5 people per group sessions)
PRICE FOR HOME VISIT
1-2-1 £11:50 per hour depending on location